November 09, 2011

Guarianthe skinneri

And finally, the last one of my current collection to be documented, Guarianthe skinneri. Terry Letandre (sp?) visited my OS in Sept, and he brought TONS of 'chids for sale. This is one of the ones I bought, and I am happy I did. I divided it planning on mounting one half, but I freaked out because I wasn't sure when they would root, so I ended up potting them. In reality, it was quite a large plant so I don't think mounting it would have been the greatest idea. I repotted the two halves separately, and they are now starting to root. Both of them actually have two sheaths, which is a characteristic of this and closely related species. I am going to have to wait until spring to see it bloom. The division on the right is for sale/trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment