November 09, 2011

Brassavola Grand Stars '#2'

   This B. Grand Stars (Little Stars x nodosa 'Remar') is a sibling of the one I have mounted. The pictures is of another sibling that was in bloom, and it was displayed by the member that grew and sold the 'chids that came from a compot he bought. Unfortunately, the bud you see in the above pictures blasted, which was a huge disappointment, as I am going to have to wait a couple of weeks before I see a bloom. Fortunately, it has the one pictured growth in sheath, and another two leads that I think will also bloom. I was incredibly eager to see a plant of this cross in bloom for myself, which is why I bought this one.. I also plan to do LOTS of breeding with this cross, so I wanted a second one for that purpose also.

No comments:

Post a Comment