November 13, 2012

Spikes and buds!

So I thought I would share some pictures of the phals I have in spike and bud!!! Since while posting pictures on Blogger mobile the pictures just get put at the end of the post, and I can't get on a computer today to arrange the pictures properly, I'll just have to hope that they appear in the order I talk about them! Lol! I have now arrange the pictures to go under their own description.

   Phal. Sogo Vivien: I am so ridiculously happy this is in spike, as I have many interesting breeding ideas for this one that I want to get started!
  
   Phal. pallens 'Mellow Yellow': This one decided to not do much for a long time, but now its making up for that! Two new spikes, roots, two kiekis, and a leaf make me happy!

   Phal. Rarashati Princess 'Soan Rustic': This is a quite large plant that had two spikes when I got it, and had just began a third right after I received it. Not too complex of a hybrid, its (((amboinensis x violacea) x venosa) x (equestris x venosa))

   Phal. Yin's Green Jewel: I bought this one from Paramount ages ago, and it made tons of roots and many leaves, and now its finally decided to bloom for me! Can't wait!

   Phal. Kuntrarti Rarashati 'Copperstate' mother: This plant is also going crazy after a long rest. After it stopped blooming, it did nothing, then started on its kieki, then the mother made a spike, and then another spike.

   Phal. Kuntrarti Rarashati 'Copperstate' kieki: And then a whole later, I found that the tiny kieki decided it wanted to bloom too! Since this is half equestris, I expect each new spike to eventually form a kieki at the end, so I should have kiekis to trade/sell eventually.

   Phal. Yungho Gelb Canary: Another I'm ecstatic about, this large plant looked like it would be one that sat and sulked, but was I wrong!!! New leaves, roots, and two spikes later, I'm uber happy!

   Phal. Rarashati Princess 'Soan Bronze Goddess' (front) and amboinensis 'Oriental' (back): Both are in the picture, so I'll just use the one for both. This other Rarashati Princess had one spike when I got it and now had a smallish second one growing, and the amboinensis has two spikes that appear to be itching to bud, as well as new roots.

   Phal. fasciata 'Shaffers': This one has finally decided to make a bud on one of its many spikes that it has. I have one potted kieki for myself, and then one promised to a friend, so I should have the other two available eventually.

   Phal. lobbii: Finally, last but not least!!!! Another one I'm pumped to see and breed with, but the spikes are sooo slooow!!!









1 comment: