November 17, 2012

Anniversary-ish!

   Wow, I don't know how I missed it, but November 7th, 2011 was the date of my first post here on this blog, and gosh. . . so much has changed. I've gained, lost, sold, and chucked many plants since that first post, and while some of those first shown plants haven't made it to this day, there are some that have valiantly grown since then. It has also been just over two years since I've started growing orchids, and the amount of experience and knowledge that I have gained since then is quite astounding. I surely hope to be growing orchids for many, MANY, more years to come. I even have my own seedlings at a friends house in flask and germinating, and I have another pod that looks full and nearly ripe to be sent off to flask, in addition to some new flowers coming that I will be pollinating, so in a few years from this post I hope to be able to share with you all my own breeding efforts, and I really hope to make some outstanding crosses in the years to come. To all of you that have supported me in my endeavours in some form or fashion, thank you, it really means a lot.

   As a side-note, the latest update of Blogger mobile is refusing to cooperate, so I won't be able to share anything from my phone for a while, which sucks because a lot of stuff decided to happen all at once!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Looking forward to all the new and exciting crosses that you will make available for us and wish you all the success in your endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parabéns pelo aniversário do seu primeiro post, é uma pena que sempre acabamos por perder algumas no passar do ano e com a perda aprendemos muito.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete