November 26, 2012

Rarashati Princess 'Soan Rustic' and B. Grand Stars 'Soan Polaris'

   Yaaaaay, here are the two plants that I was talking about that I took pictures of with the Canon D70. Also, just an FWI, I will start adding page breaks to any posts that contain pictures, as I can imagine how slow it can cause a computer to run when all visible posts on the homepage have several pictures each. EDIT: I have updated the Rarashati Princess picture.,

   Anyways, to the pictures. I am really pleased with the outcome of these pictures, as I was able to use two 1,000W bulbs, plus the camera flash, so I was able to get enough light to allow me to drop the ISO down to 250 and have the shutter speed at 1/500". I was also able to put the camera on a tripod and use a remote shutter control, so there wasn't any blurriness that would have been there had I been holding the camera myself.

  Here are some pictures of Rarashati Princess 'Soan Rustic'. I'm really pleased with this, as it has the best of both parents. Both of the Rarashati Princess I have are floriferious from the Kuntrarti Rarashati 'Copperstate' influence, and they both have nice form and colour from the Kung's Princess 'Lena'. Well, it ended up that the original pictures were junky, so a friend of mine edited one on his Light Room. Here is the awesome outcome!

Rarashati Princess 'Soan Rustic'

   And then my Brassavola Grand Stars 'Soan Polaris', which has stubbornly refused to bloom until I put it in a higher light situation, and now it seems to be quite happy where it is!
B. Grand Stars 'Soan Polaris'
B. Grand Stars 'Soan Polaris'

No comments:

Post a Comment