December 11, 2011

Some spikes coming along.

WOW!!! I haven't posted anything in a LOONG time! Well, I am going to make up for it. I have a ton in spike right now, so here is just a small sampling. (These two pictures are from a few weeks ago.)

So here is the one spike on my B. Grand Stars '#2'. Unfortunately, the large budded spike it had when I bought it yellowed before blooming, this spike is quickly growing to take its' place. There is one other lead that I am hoping will spike, as it is the lead after the p'bulb that had the first spike.

YAY!!! This Phal. Mambo that I bought from Paramount a while back had a spike on it, but it had sat there doing nothing until it eventually yellowed and died. I am surprised at the finding of a spike because I thought both the parents, Phal. amboinensis and Phal. mannii are summer bloomers, seeing that they are the waxy novelties. But it turns out that the amboinensis is a late winter bloomer, so I guess it makes sense . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment