February 25, 2013

Kingfisher's Princess update.

   Well, my Kingfisher's Princess has opened up some more, except the problem is that I don't know if it is even going to fully open. I remember when I first got it, the two open flowers it had weren't fully opened, but I thought it could have been because it was shipped as the flowers were opening. However, these flowers appear to not want to fully open at all. For others, this wouldn't be too much of an issue, but for a breeder, some consider cupping to be undesirable. Personally, I prefer cupping (flowers not opening all the way) over reflexing (petals opening too far), but the colour on this is also a bit muddy. I think I may sell this at my next orchid society meeting and buy a different seedling from Patrick.

4 comments:

  1. It's still very pretty, but then I'm not a breeder - just an admirer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Credit goes to Patrick Adrichem of Kingfisher Orchids for making this hybrid. I just find it odd that it'd be so cupped when neither of the parents were cupped. Oh well, it's always possible for two great parents to produce not so great progeny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ela é linda e a cor maravilhosa.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete